This free typing tutor teaches you how to touch-type. Once you can touch-type you will not need to look at the keyboard to find the letters you want to type. The program comes in three versions: Standard, Accessible and Spanish. Use the menu on the left to navigate to the version you are interested in. Take a look at a screenshot.
This is an open source project. The program is licensed under the GPL version 2. You can find the source code in the directory that you installed the program into, or download 0.4.1 source code (776 KB). Please contribute features. Email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently compiles on Windows using Visual C++ 6.0
How you can help
- Support another keyboard layout by writing an XML file. Look in the layouts folder for examples.
- Write some lesson files for a layout that has no lesson files, for example Hebrew.
- Make the keyboard look better, by editing the drawButton method in MyButton.cpp.
- Improve the database of words for each language (inside the words folder) which the auto-generated lessons use.
- Report bugs.
- Improve the Linux port. Download 0.4.1 source code (776 KB)
- Link to http://typefaster.sourceforge.net
- Make suggestions to me about improving TypeFaster typing tutor by emailing me at email@example.com